[17299.712107] mceusb 2-6:1.0: Registered FINTEK eHome Infrared Transceiver with mce emulator interface version 2I followed these steps to get it working:
- sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc
and choose a Windows Media Center Remote (all) as receiver. I chose None for transmitter.
- Manually edit /etc/lirc/hardware.conf to use /dev/lirc1, since the builtin Nuvoton receiver is on lirc0
- Work around this bug by this method (for Ubuntu 12.04, should be fixed for 12.10):
sudo ln -s /lib/modules/3.2.0-23-generic-pae/kernel/drivers/staging/media/lirc /lib/modules/3.2.0-23-generic-pae/kernel/drivers/staging/lirc
Remember to substitute your kernel version.
- sudo service lirc restart
- testing with irw now works